Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PICTURE BOOK DESIGN: TRIAL ART, PART 3

On my next working day, I was still satisfied with my rough basic composition.  I began my detailed sketch.  I transferred the basic composition onto tracing paper, then started developing my place-holders into actual characters.
More characters took shape...
...and more.
I next worked out the umbrellas, which I wanted to design carefully in relation to the figures.
I developed the tree on a separate layer of tracing paper, so as to facilitate later placement, and eliminate excessive erasing and re-drawing of the figures.  Many artists work with layers in this manner on the computer, rather than on paper, as I do.  The concept, activity, and purpose is the same, no matter what the medium.
Finally---the layers are combined, and the detailed sketch is ready for execution!

No comments:

Post a Comment