Friday, October 26, 2012

PICTURE BOOK DESIGN: TRIAL ART, PART 4

Having finished my detailed sketch, I transfered it to my working surface, Lanaqarelle 90 lb hot press watercolor paper, using a light box.  In pencil, I sketched out the leafy clumps of the tree structure in a little more detail.  I then began the line work, using one of my favorite tools and media---India ink and a crow-quill pen.
I finished most of the outlines, and began working out the leafy clumps of the tree.
Then back to the figures, adding pattern and texture.
More pattern and texture added to grass, leaves, and figures.  I had not yet erased any pencil lines.  (I never erase until I have let the ink dry overnight, to avoid any possible smudging.)  I was now ready to begin adding color.



No comments:

Post a Comment